question on audio/x-raw

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 19:17:29 UTC 2017

Hi Nicolas,

>If you can't answer this question, then don't set any caps filter and
>let GStreamer negotiate the format for you.

Thanks for your response... I actually have other parameters that I specify
that I did not include, like
rate=8000,channels=1
I need these values as I do not want stereo etc..

I desire the 16 bits. So I think I need to specify it in the command.
I would have thought support for depth=16 would have been left in - and the
"endian" be chosen based on the machine architecture.
But that doesn't matter - The thing I dont know is if it is Signed (S16LE)
or unsigned (U16LE) ? and LE for Intel machines... ( I think).

Which should it be? Thanks,

Jerry