RTSP Server with only one source

gstTester gstTester at safaat.cf
Thu Jul 6 08:59:57 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have noticed that the RTSP Server needs for each reviver a new connection
to the source.
But in my case it is only possible to have one connection to the source.

A simple example with the  test-launch application:

./test-launch "( v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,
format=NV12, width=320, height=288, framerate=25/1 ! x264enc pass=5
quantizer=25 speed-preset=superfast ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )"

It gets the video from  v4l2src and creates a rtsp stream.
I can view the video like an normal rtsp stream but only one time. If I want
to view the video on more devices it’s not possible, because the device
(/dev/video0) only provides one connection.

Second example:
./test-launch "( souphttpsrc location=http://XXXXX do-timestamp=true
is_live=true ! multipartdemux ! jpegdec ! x264enc pass=5 quantizer=25
speed-preset=superfast ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )"

It gets a MJPEG video from an IP cam and sends it as h.264 stream.
For each reciver of the h.264 stream it creates a new connection to the IP
cam.

How can I create an “unlimited” amount of rtsp streams with only one
connection to the source?

Thank you for your help!