How to send an image to a remote machine on the same network

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 14:48:26 UTC 2017

The solution suggested by SHOJI works fine. Also tried on OS X

  gst-launch-1.0 -v tcpserversrc host=0.0.0.0 port=50002 ! gdpdepay !
jpegdec ! autovideoconvert ! osxvideosink
  gst-launch-1.0 -v wrappercamerabinsrc mode=2 ! queue ! jpegenc ! gdppay !
tcpclientsink host=0.0.0.0 port=50002

Also works fine.

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Farzan <farzan.zaheer at gmail.com> wrote:

>  The pipelines you mentioned are not working the sender side is stuck at
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED...., and the receiver pipeline exits as soon as
> start it.

You are most likely getting it wrong with either port or IP. WHat does your
sender report ? Please paste output.

> Currently I am using the following, for sender,
>
> gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc -v filesrc location=/home/pi/image0.jpg ! udpsink
> host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port=6000 sync=false
>
> for receiver,
>
> gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=6000 ! filesink
> location="C:\Users\Desktop\image0.jpg"
>
> sender pipeline executes properly but the reciever side is stuck at Setting
> pipeline to PLAYING...

Of course it does. How should receiver side detect end-of-data?

> do you have any idea why this is happenning?

Yes, you are using the wrong tools for what you said you wanted to do. Do
you want to copy a file from one computer to another or do you want to
stream a video?

Regards