Application did not provide a wayland display handle

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Jul 11 00:40:44 UTC 2017

Le lundi 10 juillet 2017 à 16:49 -0400, Olivier Crête a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2017-07-10 at 01:36 -0700, kevan.lan wrote:
> > I want qt mutimedia use waylandsink to play video,so "export
> > QT_GSTREAMER_WINDOW_VIDEOSINK=waylandsink".
> > But the waylandsink plugin in the gst-plugins-bad told me:
> > "Application did
> > not provide a wayland display handle.waylandsink cannot use an
> > externally-supplied surface without an externally-supplied display
> > handle.
> > Consider providing a display handle from your application with
> > GstContext"
> >
> > Anybody have tried this? Any suggestion? How can the application
> > supply a
> > wl_surface handle for the sink to use?
>
> The application can supply the surface with
> gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle(), it must also create a context
> using gst_wayland_display_handle_context_new() and set that context on
> the pipeline with gst_element_set_context().

This library has not been made public yet. As of all library in -bad,
these are unstable and some of them are just not exported. Forturnatly,
this function is just a simple helper, here's the implementation:

#define GST_WAYLAND_DISPLAY_HANDLE_CONTEXT_TYPE "GstWaylandDisplayHandleContextType"
GstContext *
gst_wayland_display_handle_context_new (struct wl_display * display)
{
  GstContext *context =
      gst_context_new (GST_WAYLAND_DISPLAY_HANDLE_CONTEXT_TYPE, TRUE);
  gst_structure_set (gst_context_writable_structure (context),
      "handle", G_TYPE_POINTER, display, NULL);
  return context;
}

regards,
Nicolas