Can kmssink run with x11 or wayland which is based on drm/kms also?

Jacob Chen jacob-chen at iotwrt.com
Thu Jul 13 01:23:13 UTC 2017

> Le mardi 11 juillet 2017 à 23:17 -0700, jared Hu a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I met a problem, if I run kmssink on wayland or x11 backend. Kmssink will
>> report Permission denied. Because xserver and wayland will hold DRM-Master.
>> I wonder if there is a way to run kmssink with wayland and x11?
>
> No, kmssink need to be DRM master.

kmssink can use normal plane, but it should change some codes.

"self->ctrl_fd = open ("/dev/dri/controlD64", O_RDWR); "
"
ret =
drmModeSetPlane (self->ctrl_fd, self->plane_id,
self->crtc_id, fb_id, 0, result.x, result.y, result.w, result.h,
/* source/cropping coordinates are given in Q16 */
src.x << 16, src.y << 16, src.w << 16, src.h << 16);
"

On rockchip platform, it works, thought it will have vsync problem
because of legacy drm api.