Possible bug in rtpjpegpay and/or rtpjpegdepay.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jul 13 20:41:50 UTC 2017

Le jeudi 13 juillet 2017 à 16:04 -0400, Stirling Westrup a écrit :
> Thanks for the workaround. We've tested it and it works in our
> environment, but it leaves us wondering at its necessity. Will we
> have to do this in production, or is there some other fix that could
> be applied to jpegpay/depay?

rtpjpegpay/depay are not implicated in this issue. Setting the buffer-
size for your use case on udpsrc/sink is something we normally do for
high rate streaming. The kernel default (4K) is pretty small. For the
kernel side, it's unclear to me why it is so small, I would need to
research a bit more the subject.

I know that in high throughput servers, it pretty common to tweak the
linux kernel. Those settings are usually placed in /etc/sysctl.d/. As
these are split files, you can ship a config as part of your
application (dropbox does that to increase the number of FD you can
watch with inotify).

Nicolas