single frame snapshot

jmz jmzheng at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 09:32:56 UTC 2017

Thank Keith and BO for the suggestion on pad probe. I will try it.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Baby Octopus <jagadishkamathk at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Another hacky option that you can try is this
> ... ! videorate ! video/x-raw,framerate=1/10000000 ! filesink
>
> Videorate will send first frame and wait for next frame whcih is after a
> long time. You can shutdown the pipeline in that time

I added videorate to my first pipeline as you suggested (I should use
'image/png' not 'video/x-raw', right?):
  ... ! pngenc snapshot=true ! videorate ! 'image/png,framerate=1/10000000'
! filesink location=sink.png

The pipeline did not wait a long time for the next frame and also generated
single sink.png file.

I also added videorate to my second pipeline:
  ... ! pngenc snapshot=true ! videorate ! 'image/png,framerate=1/10000000'
! multifilesink location=img%d.png

The second pipeline generated 2 PNG files. However, the sum of the two PNG
files is equal to the size of the previous sink.png. The results are the
same as that without videorate.

I also found that gst_pngenc_handle_frame() is invoked more than once when
snapshot=true is set. Is this correct?