Mjpeg stream read JPEG header timestamp

Acs Christoph g4sacs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 07:21:34 UTC 2017

*Hello Guys*

We must compare the timestamp that is stored in the JPEG header of the MJPEG
stream that we received from an IP-Camera, with the current system time to
get sure that the latency is not too high.

We have a document where is described where the timestamp is stored:
  Marker: *COM*
  Value:* 0xFF, 0xFE*
  Size: *17 Bytes*

In the jpegparse plugin, documentation is described that the plugin can
extract the metadata I don't find any other examples or documentation how
this works.

I need some tips or an information how the meta data extraction on the
jpegparse plugin works to get out this timestamp information on the jpeg
header.

*Many thanks to your help guys.*

Br Christoph