High cpu from gstglcontext thread when eos or no stream update

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 13:12:42 UTC 2017

Dear Team,

I am observing high CPU ( From 20% To  40%) when there is no video
stream coming (e.g. no continuous update ) or EOS (end of stream)
message comes in gstreamer. High cpu usage is mainly for gstglcontext
thread. Version of gstreamer1.0 1.6.0 on i.MX6 platform.

Pipeline I use in application is as follows.
e.g
#gst-launch-1.0 filesrc
location=/home/root/B01_Baseline1.0_1280_720.MP4 typefind=true !
video/quicktime ! aiurdemux ! queue max-size-time=0 ! vpudec !
glimagesink

Could anyone please help me to understand and fix this issue? Is this
known issue? Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks & Regards,
Vikash