How to build a display, in a dynamic pipeline, before the pad_added callback is called

paolo perotinus paoloperot at yahoo.it
Tue Jul 18 16:25:52 UTC 2017

Hello,
In this example:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/tutorials/basic/dynamic-pipelines.html

... the audiosink is initialized after the pad_added_handler() callback is called. I can do the same for a videosink, and this means that the display will be built/initialized only when it has some data to handle: however, building/initializing the display takes some time (about 40ms for a 640x480 RGB video), and this introduces unwanted latency. Therefore I ask: Is there a way to avoid that latency and build a "blank" display (with a known size), in a dynamic pipeline, BEFORE the callback is called?