stop/restart parts of pipeline

Marc lorenzo75 at freenet.de
Fri Jul 21 08:40:45 UTC 2017

Hello,
I have the following pipeline which has 3 parallel branches. One branch for
live view, one for network streaming and one for recording. The live view
branch should always play. The other two branches should be stopped and
restarted independently by user request.

v4l2src->tee->queue->kmssink

->queue->h264enc->queue->h264parse->tee->queue1->mpegtsmux->updsink

->queue2->mp4mux->filesink

Audio is additionally fed into the muxers which is not shown above. The
question now is how can I stop and restart the streaming and recording
branches? I thought of blocking the queue1/2 pads and sending eos
downstream. But how do I know that eos has reached the udpsink/filesink?
What should be done afterwards (unlink, stop,...)? How can the branches be
restarted? I read something that bins should be used for the two branches,
because bins have eos finished callbacks? Is there another way to see that
the udpsink/filesink have processed the eos?

Thanks for your help

Marc