Get the th frame from a video

Antoine a.pitaud at orange.fr
Mon Jul 24 11:30:44 UTC 2017

Hi guys !
I'm new here and new with Gstreamer. I'm looking for a way to extract a jpeg
image from a h264/mp4 file.
I already have a pipeline which works but it's very slow (12 sec for 1min
video) :
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=1.mp4 typefind=true ! video/quicktime !
aiurdemux ! queue ! vpudec ! decodebin ! videorate ! video/x-raw,
framerate=1/60 !  vpuenc_jpeg ! filesink location=test.jpg
In fact this pipeline it's not really what I'm looking for, I just want to
capture the 10th frame from my video and use it like a preview (static
preview). I'm sure there is be a simple pipeline to do this.
Thank you for your time.
Antoine