Using Gstreamer to stream openGL framebuffer

Arvin6 arvindn995 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 15:52:01 UTC 2017

I'm almost every example, the source for the feed is either a file or a
device. I'm writing a screen casting app that needs to cast the screen over
tcp/http to the client. I wanted to use GStreamer for this purpose but
couldn't quite find out how. I've also heard about Qt wrappers for
Gstreamer.

What do I use in place of filesrc or ximagesrc? I couldn't find an example
where raw data from volatile memory (openGL framebuffer) is used to stream a
video over tcp / http?

I'd be grateful to get any valuable advise from anyone.