How to save rtsp video stream with correct framerate

Michael MacIntosh mmacintosh at linear-systems.com
Mon Jun 5 19:01:54 UTC 2017

Hey,

I'm not sure what framerate you are getting and what you are expecting,
but I am going to assume because it is an RTP source, and they can be
unreliable, porbably need to drop/duplicate frames.

I would try to use the videorate element:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-videorate.html

It looks like it only accepts raw frames, so you might need to do a full
transcode to duplicate frames.

So I would try something like this (I put my changes in red):

"gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc do-timestamp=true is_live=true
location=rtsp://admin:admin12345@192.168.1.64:554/h264/ch33/main/av_stream
latency=0 ! tee name=t ! queue ! application/x-rtp,
media=video,framerate=25,encoding-name=H264 ! rtph264depay !decodebin ! videorate ! x264enc  ! h264parse
config-interval=1 ! matroskamux ! filesink location=\"test.mkv\" t. ! queue
! decodebin ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink"

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Michael.