How to serve video from two cameras with audio from one?

J mc1741p at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 04:50:47 UTC 2017

Assume I have three Logitech C930 cameras arranged side-by-side at an
angle, so that their fields of view barely overlap. I want to stream them
as one (very wide) video feed, and also get (stereo) audio from one of
them, does not matter which. Any guidance as to how to proceed? Do I need
to pre-mix the video and audio streams with gstreamer or ffmpeg and pass
the result to gst-rtsp-server? Or can it be done directly in
gst-rtsp-server?

It's not terribly important that the frames from each camera be
synchronized. I only need this to keep an eye on my newly-acquired cats.

Thanks

Ina

PS: Not that I can do anything if they decide to kill each other, but I
would still like to watch them. Besides, every office can benefit from a
cat livestream :)