glimagesink resizing/reposition option

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Jun 9 14:16:59 UTC 2017

Le vendredi 09 juin 2017 à 03:12 -0700, psiva87 a écrit :
> I'm using glimagesink as video sink on 96boards with wayland. Video
> is
> always rendered 320x240 from top-left side. glimagesink resizes the
> video
> decoder output to 320x240. How can I make glimagesink to play the
> original
> resolution of the video?

Same as for an X11 application. Create a wayland application, pass the
window handle to glimagesink. Resizing the window is then done by your
application embedding glimagesink. The following is few example using
GTK toolkit to retrieve the GLContext and Window handle. It's comes
with a small adapter that make it work on X11, OSX and Wayland.

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/tests/examples/gl/gtk

Nicolas