Android HW+ decoding problem

Waziri aktepefs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 07:56:29 UTC 2017

I am working  android tv box(amlogic S912) device with Android 6.0. I used
gstreamer binaries from https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/
and tried last couple of versions.
To use Gstreamer from my application I used Android NDK and created
pipelines with both "playbin" and "rtspsrc" to capture display from some
rtsp/h264 security cameras. "playbin" uses "avdec_h264" to decode h264
stream. I tried also "openh264dec" to decode h264stream.
The problem is that both avdec_264 and openh264dec are software codecs and
if i run multiple pipeline to display 2 or more cameras videos fall behind
and come from back. I want to use hardware acceleration or hardware
h264decoder or something like that but could not achieve yet. I need to
learn hardware accelerated video decoding on android with gstreamer.
Media codec is not an solution because you can not open more than 5 instance
with media codec. I need to open more.