Building on Windows

Sean Dunn seanedunn at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 12:54:55 UTC 2017

Hello all, I'm new to GStreamer, and this is my first post to the dev community. I have 3 questions:
1. I'm following the instructions at https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/installing/building-from-source-using-cerbero.html. Are these the most up to date?
2. In my project, some other dependencies I have necessitate building the GStreamer package and plugins myself, and using the VS2015 runtime library instead of legacy msvcrt. While I'm just trying to get it to build at all now, how could I force it to link with the 2015 runtime DLL?
3. While attempting the build, the bootstrap hangs at:
[(15/15) yasm -> configure ]
It's been there for over 7 hours now. I know this process is supposed to be slow, but msgmerge.exe has been at 8% this whole time, and I doubt it's up to anything useful. Any idea what I may be doing wrong here?
The only differences in the configuration are are that I synced 1.10.4 from git (I was using the 1.10 binaries, so I figured this is the most stable tag of that: git clone -b 1.10.4 git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero), and I'm using WiX 3.11 (since I'm using VS 2015).
Thanks, Sean