query about audio track switch with decodebin2 (single audio decode, not multiple decode as standard gstreamer)

Nitin Mahajan rise.era at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:33:18 UTC 2017

Thanks but moving to 1.12 is currently not easy due to some priorities. But
we can analyze provided we have confirmed status based on behaviour with
decodebin2 especially switching audio track use case with hlsdemux with
decodebin2..does it download all streams from manifest and expose all audio
pads and rely on switching with input selector ? Possibly no. Then in that
case, does hlsdemux remove current video and current audio and the create
new pads, push eos on old pads and then let it drain before it connects new
decodegroup with playsink. In this process if it waits for drain then there
would be long track switch latency... Also the timestamp of audio of
switched track would be from behind then sync issues can't be avoided for
the same video..is it correct understanding and how hlsdemux handles it or
if there are known such limitations with hlsdemux and decodebin2. Looking
forward to key pointers and insights from experts.
Thanks