Android HW+ decoding problem

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jun 13 12:40:17 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-06-13 at 15:36 +0300, Fatih Sabri AKTEPE wrote:
> No there is an another app it supports more cameras than me, it uses
> ffmpeg. So it is about using hw decoder I guess.

You'll have to check how that other app does it then. The only *public*
API for using the hardware codecs is the MediaCodec API, and that's
also what ffmpeg is using. If MediaCodec can only be opened < 16 times
on your target hardware, then you have to find another solution.

Note that you might be able to use hardware specific APIs, but those
are not public, official Android APIs.