Problem installing GStreamer-vaapi

Zelnes mehdi.ghesh at hotmail.fr
Tue Jun 13 14:45:06 UTC 2017

I'm coming back with bad news...
Actually, I don't really have 1.12 working. I mean, when I installed it
first, and told you it was okay, I hadn't reboot the computer yet. And when
I did it, I couldn't get the screen working, I was unable to access the
Desktop, but only ttys. So I backup-ed my packets to get the screen working
good, but it uninstalled 1.12 for 1.8 again.
Finally, I deal with a loop, because whenever I try to purge three
libgstreamers packets, it tries to purge also a bunch of others packets, and
if it is not purged, I can't expect to install 1.12 version. I've just fail,
I tried to uninstall the old version, listing every packets that shouldn't
be purged, then install gstreamer 1.12 (with Base, Good, Bad an Vaapi
plugins) and install back listed packets. Unfortunately, once done,
Gstreamer 1.8 was back, instead of 1.12 !

Do you have any clue on what's going on ?