Which LGPL version is GStreamer licensed under?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jun 15 00:27:07 UTC 2017

Le 14 juin 2017 4:28 PM, "stephenakearns" <stephen.kearns at gmail.com> a
écrit :

Answered my question:  the license headers in the source files are clear
/*"LGPL version 2 or (at your option) later versions"*/

Out of curiosity, do you know why the project team opted to include the
details in the header of each file instead of having a License.txt file in
the root of the source files? Are there licensing differences in the
individual source files that necessitate it?

Yes, we do include code under other compatible license, like BSD code.
Copyright is entirely per file. Its likely we have some lgpl 2.1+, making
the entire thing 2.1+, I would need to recheck, but it's a minor update.