24 bpp RGB FOURCC code

twallis twallis at deeptrekker.com
Thu Jun 15 14:39:57 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm working on a plugin, and I'm running into some GST_MAKE_FOURCC critical
warnings.  I'd like my plugin output to be in 8:8:8 RGB format, and to
accomplish this I've been using the following code to set the cap:

GST_MAKE_FOURCC('R', 'G', 'B', '3')

based on this post:  here <http://wiki.oz9aec.net/index.php/Pixel_formats>

Given that this appears to be giving me the warning: "CRITICAL **:
gst_video_format_to_string: assertion 'format != GST_VIDEO_FORMAT_UNKNOWN'
failed"  I think that I'm using the wrong FOURCC.

Is there a FOURCC that GStreamer uses that represents the simple 24bpp RGB
format?