How to convert avc/au to byte-stream/au ?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jun 15 17:33:26 UTC 2017

Le mercredi 14 juin 2017 à 00:57 -0700, lucky chou a écrit :
> Arjen Veenhuizen wrote
> > Construct the pipeline yourself? Use
> > this
> > <https://developer.ridgerun.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_generate_a_Gs
> > treamer_pipeline_diagram_(graph)>
> >  information to create an diagram of the pipeline created by
> > playbin to
> > see what is happening under the hood. That should give you all the
> > information you need.
>
>  Arjen , Thanks  for your tips.
> No, since I want to get a generic player, it is not a good idea to
> build a
> custom  pipeline.

decodebin should build a pipeline with:

  h264parse ! amch264...dec ! ...

And then h264parse should be able to negotiate the proper format and
will do the conversion automatically. When that does not work, it means
that there is a bug somewhere. First step, and what is being proposed
here, it to do some tests to figure-out what format works. Later you
should dig this up to find out were is the bug. It's likely that your
Android platform CODEC is not standard (e.g. expecting AVC instead of
byte-stream), for that you would implement a quirk in the amc elements.

regards,
Nicolas