Fix Video Speed and Smoothness

davis.jacobj davis.jacobj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 01:58:17 UTC 2017

I'm new to using GStreamer and I'm attempting to use gst-launch to take video
from a webcam and store it as a video file. The webcam is a 1080p/30fps
camera and the input device is a RaspberryPi3 So far, I've come up with the
following command:
gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 video/x-raw, width=1280,
height=720, framerate=30/1 ! queue ! avimux ! filesink location=video.avi

When I playback this file on a Windows PC with VLC, I'm noticing two
problems:
1.) The video plays back at 2x or 4x the realistic speed
2.) Some frames are missing so the video skips

Does anyone have suggestions for how I can troubleshoot and fix these
issues?

Thanks,
Jake