Setting timestamps on filesrc pipeline

bomba jhonata.poma at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 09:13:20 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've got a bluetooth MP3 encoder, it sends data through serial port, say
/dev/ttyUSB0.

I can successfully play "live" data with the following pipeline:
filesrc location=/dev/ttyUSB0 !  mpegaudioparse ! flump3dec ! autoaudiosink

the resulting playback it's somewhere near 1.5 seconds later than the live
event, which should be normal
considering the capture, encoding and sending process before the serial
communication.

Now, I want to combine this audio stream with some video coming from my
laptop's webcam:

filesrc location=/dev/ttyUSB0 !  mpegaudioparse ! flump3dec ! autoaudiosink
v4l2src ! video/x-raw,width=320,height=240,framerate=30/1 ! videoconvert !
autovideosink

the audio branch won't play anything, unless I add "sync=false" to the audio
sink element.
I assume this behaviour is tied to the missing/late audio timestamps.

To make this work, I have to calculate the exact audio encoding and
transmitting time and correct timestamps near filesrc element.

How can I do that?