Decoder registration for decodebin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jun 24 07:03:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 15:17 -0400, Aaron Boxer wrote:
> I have added support for image/x-jpc media type to the typefind plugin.
>
> However, when I run the following pipeline
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=some.jpc ! decodebin ! imagefreeze ! autovideosink
>
>  I get the error
>
> Missing decoder: JPEG 2000 (image/x-jpc)
>
> Of course, this pipeline works with .jp2 images.
>
> So, how do I register the openjpegdec decoder so that it will be called on jpc images ?
>
> (jpc is raw JPEG 2000 codestream)

I replied in the bug report, but here for completeness:

Your typefinder needs to provide caps that contain all fields needed by
the next element (jpeg2000parse I guess). Then the parser needs a rank
>= GST_RANK_MARGINAL to be autoplugged. And then the parser needs to
provide caps that contains all fields needed by openjpegdec (which also
needs a high enough rank).

Once that is given, decodebin should autoplug everything.