Seek on .ts file transmitted to other machine using gstreamer udpsink

naseeb_panghal naseeb at wowvision.in
Wed Jun 28 04:39:56 UTC 2017

I am streaming mpegts file from Machine1(Window) using command:
.\gst-launch-1.0.exe filesrc location=C:\\Users\\naseeb\\Downloads\\test.ts
! tsparse set-timestamps=true ! rtpmp2tpay ! udpsink host=192.168.100.227
port=5004

And receiving the same stream on Machine2(Linux on wandboard) using command:
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5004 caps ="application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video, encoding-name=(string)MP2T-ES" ! rtpmp2tdepay ! tsdemux
name=d d. ! queue ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxeglvivsink d. ! queue !
aacparse ! avdec_aac ! audioconvert ! alsasink

I have also implemented this Receiving command in a GTK-Player and
GTK-Player play the received mpegts file successfully.

But when i seek on GTK-player it doesn't work.
I want to know whether Gstreamer allow seeking on a RTP stream transmitted
using `udpsink` and received using `udpsrc`

Please confirm if it is achievable or not?