[Android] GStreamerSurfaceView rendering issue with Fragment

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jun 29 20:20:51 UTC 2017

Le jeudi 29 juin 2017 à 22:36 +0400, Abu Abdullah a écrit :
> I'm facing crashes when embedding the GStreamerSurfaceView inside
> Fragment and start flipping the pages/fragments and changing the
> orientation to LANDSCAPE.
>
> initially it works fine but the bottom of the view is not rendered
> correctly and is showing a white border some times and preventing any
> drawing on top of the view (e.g. Snackbar)
>
> is there any hints on what could be the issue. i tried with both
> versions 1.11.2 / 1.12.1 with Android 6.0

We'd need a backtrace to evaluate this. Though, GDB with ADB is not
trivial, here's one of the howto I have found:

https://mhandroid.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/how-cc-debugging-works-on-an
droid/

If the backtrace points to GStreamer, I would suggest to file a bug,
and attach that trace.

regards,
Nicolas