Raw audio MPEG TS streaming

Charles Chen - Contractor chchen at actiontec.com
Fri Jun 30 21:30:17 UTC 2017

Hello,

How to generate mpeg TS stream (RTP payload type 33) with raw audio without using any audio encoder such as AAC? I need to feed raw PCM audio into mpegtsmux and RTP rtpmp2tpay. I am getting pipeline link error if I:

gst-launch-1.0 autoaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! capsfilter caps = "audio/x-lpcm,width=16,channels=2,rate=48000" ! filesink location = "audiofile.raw"

Looks like audio/x-lpcm is not included in the supported media type list:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugin-development/advanced/media-types.html

Do I have to create a new audio/x-lpcm media type? considering possible issues to link with existing elements.

Is it feasible to create my own plugin to convert audio/x-raw to audio/x-lpcm and then link to mpegtsmux?

Or should I use appsrc or appsink method to do that?

Thanks and appreciate any feedback.

Charles