rtsp stream latency increased gradually

Jesse zhangxh2000 at 126.com
Wed Mar 1 06:49:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

   I am a newbee of GStreamer, I implemented a rtsp player,the pipeline is
like this:

gst_parse_launch("rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.1.254:554/xxx.mov
latency=0 !

decodebin max-size-time=10 connection-speed=665600 ! autovideosink
sync=false", &error);

the video source is a IP caramer(Local network), the player works well, the
latency seems less than

100ms, but when it play for a while, the latency increased, when played 30
minutes,the latency is about

1 second. I googled and there may be clock drift between the rtp sender and
rtp receiver,so I add "ntp-

time-source=clock-time ntp-sync=true" for the rtspsrc element, but it played
a few seconds then the

picture freeze. so my question is why the latency increased gradually and,
how can i fix it.