Pre-rolling in Gstreamer 1.x

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Mar 3 19:18:32 UTC 2017

Le 3 mars 2017 5:33 AM, "shiva.mudugal" <shiva.mudugal at gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi All,

In the earlier version of Gstreamer i.e., before 1.x version (0.10 or 0.11),
gstbasesink had the property called "preroll-queue-len". Using which we
could add additional buffers in the prerolling. But in the Gstreamer 1.x the
property has been removed.

My question is if we want our preroll with more buffer before we go into
PLAYING state, what is that we should do. ?

You have to handle your own asynchronous state change (shadow async
property).