Fwd: RTP/RTCP (interleved ) dump and gstreamer

Paweł Kopalko pawel.kopalko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 08:08:34 UTC 2017

Hello,  I'm wondering if the following is at all possible:
I have a dump of RTCP/RTP interleaved data from an RTSP server containing
pcm_alaw (pt=8) and H264 (dyn pt=96).
I can parse the data and actually I was able to depacketize (in code) the
H264 stream and see the video.
I would, in the end, like to achieve a playable video file with sound.
I've tried to use gst-launch-1.0 with something like this:

*gst-launch-1.0 tcpserversrc host=loclahost port=6000 ! rtpbin ! fakesink*

and then I've *socat*ed the dummped file to like that *socat FILE:dump
tcp:localhost:6000*

with  the GST_DEBUG=*:0 I can actually see that there is parsing going on
and so on.

Question I have now how can I put this data to playable video file. I know
there are some considerations with timestamps, but I think that the RTCP
reports should cover if they are parsed.
btw. when I add *dump=1 *to *fakesink* where will be the data dumped?

Thanks.