How to interrupt a video stream programmaticaly?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Thu Mar 9 13:23:32 UTC 2017

Hi.

I'm using the test-video.c example.
In the test-video source code I put:

    GstRTSPSessionPool *pool;
    pool = gst_rtsp_server_get_session_pool (server);
    gst_rtsp_session_pool_set_max_sessions(pool, 3);  //to avoid more than 3
sessions

It means that I can run the command 'gst-launch-1.0' 3 times and see 3
windows with the color bar. In this case, if I try to launch the  4th color
bar, I will get the Error (503): Service Unavailable, wich is obvious.
However, If I close one of the 3 color bars, I will be able to launch
another one successfully.

It is clear to me that when I close one color bar window, the stream is
interrupted and a session is freed.
I would like to understand how to interrupt a stream and free a session
programmatically, because I working with QtGstreamer and I have to codify
such action.

So, what does the gst-launch-1.0 execute when the color bar window is
closed? That is, what is the code in GStreamer to interrupt and free a
session? When can I find such code?

If I find the answer, I will be able to understand what to do in
QtGstreamer.
Any hint will be very helpful!
Best regards.