New to threading

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Mar 10 01:50:29 UTC 2017

Le 9 mars 2017 9:51 AM, "Andrew Grace" <apenngrace at gmail.com> a écrit :

Is there any recommended reading on threading and how it is handled with
gstreamer?

I'm interested because I'm working on a source element for a camera (the
point grey ladybug camera which has a C api).  I'm somewhat new to this, so
I am wondering if an element that will act as a pipeline source needs to
run on a background thread if it has a blocking api.  From the camera docs,
it says it can run in isochronous or asynchronous mode.  The isochronous
mode blocks, but from what I understand should have better performance.

GstBaseSrc is a base class that handle source threading for you.

I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks!