gstreamer application versus gst-launch pipeline

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Fri Mar 10 07:15:25 UTC 2017

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 21:02:22 -0800 (PST)
nagendra sarma <nagendra.bankupalli at tessolve.com> wrote:

> hi all
>
> i am still not clear what is the difference bet gstreamer application  and
> gst-launch

Some things just cannot be done from gst-launch.

Some examples:
  * having dynamic or responsive pipelines (do custom stuff when
    some event happens),
  * or more simply setting properties which expect non-scalar values,
    see the 'matrix' property of the 'perspective' element for instance.

> i am using gstreamer 1.0 and the performance was really bad with
> application, but the performance was really good with gst-launch with same
> pipeline
>
> i have captured pipeline to png in both cases
>
> gst_application.png   (taken from c application)
> gst_launch.png   (taken from gst-launch)
>
> there are multiple udp sinks in the pipe (two for video and two for audio)
> with gst-launch every thing works file, with application, the video delays
> more than 5 seconds and not able to play on decoder side
>
> please help me as it is critical for me
>
> thanks
> nagendra

Maybe your application does not handle some state properly or does not
respond to some events.

In the top bin of pipeline_app.png I see that elements have "[>]"
instead of "[=]" like in  0.png but I don't remember the meaning of
such indicators right now, look into it.

Ciao,
   Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite