Plugin rtspsrc 1.4.1 doesn't teardown media session on server. Why?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Mon Mar 13 20:43:08 UTC 2017

Hi.

My client is built with the GStreamer pluging rtspsrc version 1.4.1. Whether
such client receives video stream from a server and then closes (stop) the
video, the server still keeps the same session  on. That is, there is no a
'teardown' for such session in the server.

However, if the client is a pluging rtspsrc built on Gstreamer version
1.8.1, I can't see the issue. All is ok and sessions don't remain forever in
the server.

Is it a kind of issue well known for version 1.4.1?
Is version 1.8.1 a solution for such problem, in fact?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.
Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho.