Pipeline's childs does not go to the pipeline state.

Kseniia Vasilchuk vasilchukkseniia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 08:42:14 UTC 2017

Hi!
I am making RTSP server application. I've created two streams with appsrc,
one for video and one for metadata, and I am trying to add seek feature.
But I have a preroll problem with metadata stream. I have a situation, when
the seek event is coming, but there is no metadata to push now (maybe it
will come later).
As sink needs at least one buffer to preroll and there are no ones, the seek
is failing by timeout (because of RTSP). So I've tried to push one empty
buffer to my appsrc.
I thought that I can check the current state of my appsrc, and if it is in
PAUSED, just push the buffer to force preroll. But appsrc does not go to the
PAUSED state after seek event even if pipeline went to PAUSED (I caught
GST_MESSAGE_STATE_CHANGED on bus to be sure).
So, the question is: Is it ok, that the pipeline's childs does not go to the
pipeline state?
Any suggestion, how preroll should be forced if we have no data for now?

Thanks!