get timestamp from playbin

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Mar 16 19:13:35 UTC 2017

Le jeudi 16 mars 2017 à 09:53 -0700, pinkesh vaghela a écrit :
> I am new to gstreamer. I am able to play the audio on rtsp client
> with
> playbin element.
> How can I get the timestamp of every frame from playbin element while
> playing the audio frames?
> I found that gstbuffer pts contains the timestamp but I don't know
> how to
> extract the gstbuffer from playbin element and get the server
> injected
> timestamp of every frame.

Doing that from playbin might be a bit involving programatically.
What's the purpose here ? For debugging purpose, I usually trace that
information using:

  GST_DEBUG="GST_SCHEDULING:5" gst-launch-1.0 ...

This will trace GstBuffer and it's attached data (everything that can
be serialized, except the data of course) every time a buffer reaches a
sink pad.

regards,
Nicolas