Casting data from v4l2src

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Mar 21 15:55:28 UTC 2017

Le mardi 21 mars 2017 à 11:57 +0100, Kristoffer Koch a écrit :
> I'm trying to override the format, but I'm not having any luck:
>
>   gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-
> raw,format=YVYU,width=3456,height=2592,framerate=5/1 ! videoparse !
> video/x-raw,format=rgb,width=3456,height=2592  ! xvimagesink

'rgb' is not a valid format, use RGB in caps for 24bit (not padded)
rgb. I'm not sure if older version of videoparse support downstream
caps filter. Try and use the properties instead, like this (note the
properties will take small caps):

  .. ! videoparse format=rgb width=3456 height=2592 ! ...

In any case, 24bit RGB (not padded) is likely not supported by
xvimagesink. XV extension usually only allow YUV formats. ximagesink
may support padded RGB, like xRGB or BGRx. With the benifit that the
image size of xRGB/BGRx is the same as packed YVYU.

Nicolas