gst_pad_query_convert in basesink

peper0 tomasz.lakota at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 07:08:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've got custom element that handles custom GstFormat registered with
gst_format_register. My element handles GST_QUERY_CONVERT that allow to
convert my custom format to GST_FORMAT_TIME and reverse.

When I make gst_element_query_position with my custom format on the sink
element, it tries to convert current stream time by making
gst_pad_query_convert on it's sinkpad. Supprisingly, it doesn't call
gst_pad_peer_query_convert which would forward query upstream (finally to my
element) but gst_pad_query_convert which could be handled only by derived
sink element and if it isn't, it's forwarded to "internally linked pads"
which are void in basesink.

Is it a desired behaviour?