android gst_element_set_state hangs

Jesse zhangxh2000 at 126.com
Wed Mar 22 03:47:04 UTC 2017

Hello,everyone!

    I'm writing android app to play online video(rtmp live video),when the
network is bad(maybe the router disconnected from internet), I call
gst_element_set_state (data->pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING) on android UI
thread and it will hangs about 20 seconds, this is not allowed on android
because it will freeze
the app.so I need to call gst_element_set_state on a separated thread. I
want to know if there is such a thread in GStreamer or I need to create it
myself? what is the best practice?