JVM blocked when using gst1-java-core

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 22 12:05:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 at 08:57 silver <sxhsxhsxh66 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to test the stability of my application so I programmatically open
> and close the window again and again. But always after thousands
> iterations,
> no response from JVM but no special errors (neither gstreamer nor java)
> shown in console. I assume that it encountered a deadlock on gstreamer
> level
> but I cannot find any solution to debug or even solve it. Hope you guys can
> help me.

Have you tried profiling and a thread dump on the Java side?  When updating
the 0.10 bindings for gst1-java-core I fixed a load of memory leaks, but
it's possible your code is finding another one.  Is memory usage
increasing?  Are any particular objects not being garbage collected?  Does
the thread dump show a potential deadlock inside the JVM?

Note that you should probably be calling buffer.map(true) - the boolean is
a shortcut for mapping the buffer with the write flag.

I'm not sure what your stopFromNeedData() call is doing, but it should
probably use Gst,invokeLater().

Best wishes.

Neil
--