Querying caps

lsiden at gmail.com lsiden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 20:38:34 UTC 2017

Here's a snippet of code I call before I run the pipeline.

But the signal-handler _on_notify_caps is never called.

I checked the docs and source for GstPad.  The only signals it sends are
'linked' and 'unlinked'.  'linked' never got called either when I tried to
connect to it.

For now, the only way I get get sinkpad.get_current_caps() to return
anything useful is to set a timer and wait a second or two, which of course
is crude and won't fly in production.

I tried setting aysync-handling=true on the element with the sink pad in
order to preroll that part of the pipeline, but no dice.  Then I tried
calling this before setting the signal handler, but no dice:

Am I missing something?