Decrease latency between different branches of pipeline

sielf sielf at mail.ru
Thu Mar 23 13:57:42 UTC 2017

Hello.
I'm working with IMX6 based board with gstreamer-1.4.5 framework version.
I've constructed next (simpified) pipeline :
src--queue--tee--queue--videosink

|--queue----coder---muxer--filesink

|--queue---appsink
Problem is, if I only translate data from src to videosink, I have very low
latency. But if I add coder or appsink branch, the videosink become slower
and has higher latency, even if I use different GPU based modules. I tried
increase size of the queue, but it works bad. How can I additionally
decrease latency?