ndk-build always rebuilds libgstreamer_android.so, even if nothing changed

Krzysztof Lesiak krzysztof.lesiak at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 23 22:36:58 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm currently building an Android application with Qt and gstreamer.
The problem is, all interaction with gstreamer happens in C++, i.e. libgstreamer_android.so needs to be built first (via pre-build event or qmake) to link against the Qt app (which is an .so on Android). I've figured out how to build it manually using ndk-build while dissecting the gst-player example, but for some reason it always regenerates that library instead of saying 'nothing to do' as make usually does when nothing changed.
This makes my edit/deploy cycle slow and annoying. Does anybody know why that happens and what I can do to solve it?

Best Regards,
Krzysztof