android gst_element_set_state hangs

Dimitrios Katsaros patcherwork at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 14:03:59 UTC 2017

wups, my bad, I was talking about gst_element_get_state. Is the hanging
element one of your own or something in mainline? because state transitions
with set are suppose to not leave the main thread hanging, at least from my
understanding. Instead you should be receiving a GST_STATE_CHANGE_ASYNC. I
think you can see an example of some threads handling state changes in
camerabin under gst-plugins-bad. There is a "reset-element-thread" that
resets elements in the pipeline via state transitions. However, my first
course of action would be to figure out which element is causing the hang,
since it may need a thread of it's own.

Dmt