h264parse

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Mar 24 17:49:14 UTC 2017

Le vendredi 24 mars 2017 à 08:52 -0700, andrej.oblak at gmail.com a
écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Do you maybe know is there any way to get NAL from h264parse? I think
> I am getting AU
> gsth264parse.c:405:gst_h264_parse_negotiate:<h264parse0> selected
> format avc, alignment au
>
> I am trying to attach to NVIDIA parser and it wants NAL, maybe
> decoder it'selfe requires AU.. I don't know :(

Yes, by using a downstream caps filter

  ... ! h264parse ! video/x-h264,stream-format=byte-stream,alignment=nal ! ...

Ideally, that would be in your new element caps filter. Have you notice
that we have NVEnc support already in upstream GStreamer ?

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/sys/nvenc

> And sorry cause I contacted you directly.

> Sent from http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com

Considering this is sent from nabble.com, I guess you don't mind if I
CC back the gstreamer-devel list here.

regards,
Nicolas