pipeline hangs on preroll - waiting in preroll for flush or PLAYING

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Mar 31 09:39:28 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-03-28 at 14:46 -0400, mehdi semsarzadeh wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am having the following pipeline I start and stop it multiple
> times, and sometimes it fails to start after being stopped. It Hangs
> on this log: "waiting in preroll for flush or PLAYING".
> As I looked on gstreamer-devel forum the only reason that is
> mentioned is the need of queue after tee, which is placed in this
> pipeline.
> I have attached the log file,
> Thanks for your help
>

>  appsrc name=videoSrc format=3 stream-type=0 ! video/x-raw,
> format=(string)UYVY, width=1920, height=1080 ! nvvidconv
> name=videoConvert0 ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=I420 ! tee
> name=t ! queue ! omxh264enc name=h264enc0  ! video/x-h264, stream-
> format=avc ! matroskamux streamable=true ! filesink name=videoPath0
> location=vid_es_fifo_0 t. ! queue ! nvvidconv name=videoConvert1 !
> video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=1920, height=1080 ! omxh264enc
> name=h264enc1  ! video/x-h264, stream-format=avc ! matroskamux
> streamable=true ! filesink name=videoPath1 location=vid_es_fifo_1

According to the log, the problem here is that videoPath1 never gets
any buffer. videoPath0 does. h264enc1 gets buffers but it doesn't look
like it the muxer before it gets any buffers. So I'd expect there to be
something wrong in the encoder element here, for which there is
unfortunately not that much debug output in your log.

Which platform is this on, which code is the omxh264enc based on?