gst_fake_sink_render: who releases the incoming buffers/memory?

Tue May 2 21:59:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am currently trying to understand some internals of GStreamer.

Assume I am using the following pipeline (executed via gst-launch-1.0,
1.11.91):

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=100 ! xxx ! fakesink silent=false -v

Videotestsrc is generating buffers, xxx (not relevant what it is, e.g.
openh264enc) is forwarding buffers
and fakesink is consuming the buffers.
Looking into latest source code, function gst_fake_sink_render, I can't
find where the buffers/memory is released.
Is it done somewhere outside the fakesink source code?
Where do I find this place, where fakesink render function is called and
buffer/memory is released afterwards?
(don't know if relevant: I have internal leak checking on and use also
some GST_DEBUG options)
Is there some documentation which explains such deep internals of Gstreamer?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Martin